Halloween is at the end of this month, and it is always a very exciting and fun day here at SJC. Below are Costume Guidelines which can also be found in the Tuesday Newsletter. Please make sure you follow these when choosing your
We will hold our Celebration Day at SJC on Tuesday, October 31. It includes class parties, a costume parade, and a Mission Carnival. All profits will be donated to the missionary work of a service organization. We will be asking your child to bring in his/her Mission Carnival ticket money ($5.00) during Halloween week. A flyer and ticket order form was sent home in the Tuesday Envelope and is attached to this article.
Halloween Celebration Day at SJC Tuesday, October 31
- 11:45 a.m.: Lunch for Grades K – 3
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch for Grades 4 – 8
- 12:30 p.m.: Grades K – 3 Change into Costumes
- 12:45 p.m.: Parade (schoolyard); Halloween Raffle Drawing
- 1:15 p.m.: Halloween Mission Carnival (schoolyard) Sponsored by Grade 7 Families and Room Moms. All Proceeds Donated to the Missionary work of Sacred Heart Community Service, a Catholic organization dedicated to the
social Justice teaching of our Church. (Mission Carnival Information Sheet will be sent home in future Tuesday Envelope).
- 2:30 p.m.: Clean-Up
- 3:00 p.m.: Dismissal
HALLOWEEN COSTUME GUIDELINES
- Scary costumes are okay (ghosts, witches, skeletons, etc).
- Gory costumes are not acceptable (slasher masks or knives dripping with blood).
- Suggestive costumes are not allowed (French maids, etc.).
- “Gang member” or gangster outfits, etc. are not appropriate.
- Skateboards, etc. are not allowed as part of the costume.
- Students may wear face makeup that is a part of their costumes.
- Students in Grades K-3 should wear their uniforms to school, and bring their costumes in a bag with the student’s name on it.
- Students in Grades 4-8 may wear costumes to school. If the costumes are too bulky or uncomfortable, they may bring the costume to change into at lunchtime.
- Any student who chooses not to wear a costume must wear his/her uniform.
This is always a day of great fun at our school. Parents are invited to join us for the parade and carnival, beginning at 12:45 p.m.