- About SJC
- On Campus
- News & Info
Parking Lot Guidelines - Quick Reference
Below is a short summary of our parking lot safety guidelines. For more detailed information refer to our School Board Parking Lot Safety Agreement
Please observe the following guidelines for the safety of our children:
- Do not park or stop at the red curb at any time.
- Follow directional arrows to ensure the proper flow of traffic.
- Park in stalls; adults must walk children to sidewalk before school. (APPLIES TO ALL SJC STUDENTS – NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- Park in stalls; adults must pick up children from sidewalk after school. (APPLIES TO ALL SJC STUDENTS – NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- Do NOT double-park at any time.
- If a parent wishes to drop a child off without walking him/her to the sidewalk, this must be done in front of the Rectory (follow the u-turn pathway marked by the cones) or by the yellow curb adjacent to the grassy field. In this way, the student can reach the sidewalk or field without walking through the parking lot.
- Do not drive through parking stall to other lane (because that lane is facing the opposite direction).
- Always back up very slowly.
- Drive slowly and safely at all times – 5 MPH Maximum.
- Pedestrians should always take care to be aware of vehicle movement.
Please join with us in protecting the safety of all of our children by carefully following all parking lot guidelines. And remember . . .
IF YOUR FOOT IS ON THE GAS, YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST!
KEEP IT SLOW AND WATCH WHERE YOU GO!